Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School is a Roman Catholic, independent college-preparatory high school committed to serving young men of diverse backgrounds in the Franciscan Tradition. We are committed to educational excellence and a constant pursuit of distinction as we dedicate ourselves to the development of each student. Faithful to the Franciscan values of inclusiveness and respect for all, Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School serves as an academic and spiritual community which endeavors to educate young men to be responsible Christian citizens through rigorous academic programs, opportunities for individual growth and service to others in the local and global communities.
The Aims and Objectives of Bishop Timon - St. Jude High School
- To develop a Christ like spirituality which is relevant to the student’s individual life in which he will find a means to recognize all people as brothers and sisters and the need to assist them regardless of race, creed, color, or sexuality.
- To motivate and encourage each student to be a responsible citizen of the school, community and global community while maintaining good order so that the learning process is not deterred.
- To encourage each student to manifest the school’s values through a life of service, equity, and citizenship.
- To provide a challenging curriculum for all students, and one that is adaptable to current educational concepts.
- To administer an inclusive, technologically integrated educational program while preparing our students to be active participants in servicing our local and global communities.
- To provide meaningful extracurricular activities that will have a positive effect on the academic, social, cultural, and physical development of the individual student.
- To provide counseling services which encourage all students to make sound, independent decisions in their academic, social and personal pursuits.
- To provide, through the Campus Ministry and all Academic Departments, opportunities for students to strengthen their moral character.
- To provide awareness that the physical body and soul are united and instill fundamental concepts of physical and mental health that will procure for the individual a lasting appreciation of healthful living.
- To provide a safe and secure environment for all students.