As you read through Timon's Web Page you will hopefully have gained a greater understanding of our school, our mission, and the important role Timon serves in our local community. If you are an alumnus, a parent, or a friend you know that Timon is strongly rooted in the Franciscan tradition. Timon is proud to have been founded by the Franciscan Friars from the Holy Name Province, which traces its roots back to St. Francis of Assisi.
St. Francis' commitment to assisting those in need is visible in the many alumni and friends who selflessly give of themselves for the betterment of others. This is evident by the number of young men who, over the years, were able to attend Timon because of the generosity of others. It is with the financial support of those who practice the teachings of St. Francis that young men have been able to attend Timon regardless of their ability to pay.
You may recall the days when tuition was a mere $65, which at that time stretched the pocketbooks of most parents. Today parents are now asked to cover tuition costs of nearly $9,600 in order for their sons to receive a Catholic education. For most families, this is not possible. Understanding this, last year Timon awarded over $400,000 in financial aid, work-study, and scholarships. Had it not been for this support, many young men would not have been able to attend Timon.
As the financial needs of our students continue, so does Timon's need to be able to offer assistance. In order for us to do this, we turn to alumni and friends to help bridge the gap. We invite you to consider making a gift to help a young man attend Timon. Your donation can be for general financial aid or can fund a designated award or scholarship named in honor of a loved one.
Below you will find some examples of support provided to Timon students:
- Fr. Joel Campbell, OFM Memorial Scholarship
- James N. Leary '50 Scholarship
- Alex & Judith Cardoni Chess Scholarship
- Marie Jackson Scholarship
- Joanne M. Casacci Memorial Scholarship
- Tom Jones Class of 1960 Scholarship
- Class of 1952 Endowment
- Dan & Jean McCormick Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1953 Endowment
- William McMahon Family Scholarship
- Class of 1954 Endowment
- Whitey Miller Endowment
- Class of 1955 Endowment
- Mel Palano Scholarship
- Class of 1956 Endowment
- James Parkinson Memorial Scholarship
- Class of 1957 Endowment
- RAS Fund
- Class of 1958 Endowment
- Class of 1959 Endowment
- Richard K. Reilly Scholarship
- Pat Connors Memorial Scholarship
- Rising Star Scholarship
- James J. Rzad Scholarship
- Fr. Juvenal Ellis, OFM Scholarship
- Fr. Juvenal Ellis, OFM Endowment
- Simon Family Scholarship
- Fr. Edward Fitzhenry, OFM Memorial Scholarship
- The Vincent & Harriet Palisano Foundation
- Timon Alumni Scholarship
- Hillery Foundation Scholarship
If you would like additional information on helping students in need attend Timon please contact Lysa Elis in the Advancement Office at (716) 826-3610 x246.